3.20.2013

Friendship Bracelet

     I was shopping at a nearby craft store lately and I saw an array of embroidery threads. I suddenly have a flashback to the summer before 4th grade: I was in camp, and an instructor taught us kids to make colorful friendship bracelets with embroidery threads. I was enthralled and spend a huge chunk of the holidays making bracelets for everyone I know.
    Needless to say I bought some right away and immediately started knotting away~

   
      Aren't they beautiful!? I get a kick out of just looking at the colors together (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*

     I only remember a few basic patterns, but still, I had fun making them for my roommates.


     In elementary school, we tied the threads together and used masking tape to secure to the table as we worked, but now I prefer to measure twice the length of the thread needed, then fold in half so that there's a loop on top. This way, one could pin the bracelet to, say, one's jeans, with a safety pin and work on it anywhere, anytime. The loop also makes for a great way to tie the bracelet up.

    I'm thinking of doing Hogwarts colors next. Starting with Slytherin, since I'm a proud student of the Slytherin house on Pottermore! Lovely site, by the way, for those who don't know, you get to see what wand you get and everything! =)

   

1 comment:

  1. Muy bonitas; yo ahora estoy intentando con Kumihimo y son adictivas

    ReplyDelete