12.13.2012

Sherlock Amigurumi (animal vers.)

     I haven't had time to do a big project lately, so I'll just record some of my older works. I have a Facebook album dedicated to crochet, but I really want a place just for them. Hopefully I'll be able to conquer laziness and keep it up. First up is Sherlock!


     So since the first fifteen minutes into BBC's Sherlock, I've been obsessed with it >w< 
The witty dialogue, subtle details hinting at the novels, and the oh-my-goodness AMAZING chemeistry between Sherlock and John. Not to mention Benedict Cumberbatch's  voice, and ah the glorious cheekbones you can cut yourself slapping on. And Martin Freeman's adorable frowns and jam-made face.


I mean, look at those CHEEKBONES! It's like they have a life of their own ♥(ノ´∀`)
And look how he's staring~ ┌(┌(^q^)┐
And like all Sherlockians, The Reichenbach Fall killed me inside.
 So this summer, after way too much sobbing, too much comfort food, and too much sulking on the couch, wishing I had a gun to shoot the wall with, I put my sorrow into action and got out my crochet hook.
     
     I know that fans see the pair as an otter and a hedgehog, but in my mind I've always imagined Sherlock to be a cat, all regal and haughty and adorable all at the same time (I mean look at the way he curls up in the couch when he's sulking!). And as for John, I'd always pictured a puppy. I decided that Sherlock would be a back cat with a blue scarf, and John would be a Welsh corgi. 

     I found a perfect pattern for John in a Japanese amigurumi book I'd bought on sale on Books, but I couldn't find a cat to my satisfactions anywhere, so I decided to design one myself. Here's what I came up with:

     I love the height difference~  (*≧▽≦)ノシ)) I put a wire into Sherlock's tail, so he can wrap it around John >w< They sit like this on my shelf right now, along with two hedgehog plushies I bought at Sherlock-Only Con last month named Holmes and Watson. I love John's eyebrows, reminds me of Martin so much <3

    I used Excel Ex991 100% acrylic yarn with a 2.6mm crochet hook for both of them. Unfortunately, I forgot a few rows while noting it down, so I haven't got a pattern, but I guess from the photo it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. For Sherlock, I only increased in the back, and the tail is just row after row of 5 stitches, unstuffed.  
    
      I've been meaning to do a sweater for John. After all, Sherlock has his scarf. But then I think, if I gave John a sweater, wouldn't that mean Sherlock is naked save a scarf? *Major nosebleed* I might do it if I find enough motivation, though, like if season 3 comes out sooner!!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment