12.24.2012

Free Pattern- Fingerless Gloves for Men

I found myself in need of a pattern for fingerless gloves after drawing the name of a classmate- who earlier revealed that he would like a new pair of gloves- for secret Santa this year. I wanted something simple that covers the wrist to about an inch from the knuckles. Most patterns online (free ones, anyway) are designed for women, so I'm going to share the pattern I came up with! =)

This is a simple design with ribbing on the cuff to add a bit variety. It's a quick project that took me only a few hours, and makes a great gift. My classmate received his present today, and I'm glad to report that he really likes it (●´∀`●)
I'm using the pictures he took below ^^




You will need:
Medium weight yarn in two colors (I had to skimp on the yarn and use 100% acrylic because of budget limit)
5.00mm hook

Pattern is written in US instructions

Abbreviations:
ch: chain
sc: single crochet
hdc: half double crochet
dc: double crochet
fpdc: front post double crochet
bpdc: back post double crochet
fphdc: front post half double croceht
bphdc: back post have double crochet

You will need to know how to do front and back post stitches for the ribbing effect.
Instructions on how to do these stitches can be found here on Crochet Spot.

Row 1: In color A, chain 34, dc in 4th chain from the hook, dc across
Row 2: ch 2, turn, dc in first dc, fpdc, *bpdc, fpdc*, repeat * to *, dc in last dc
Row 3: ch 2, turn, dc in first dc, *bpdc, fpdc* repeat, dc in last dc
Row 4: rep. row 2
Row 5: Switch to color B, ch 1, turn, sc across
Rows 6&7: rep. row 5
Row 8: ch 2, turn, dc across
Rows 9&10: ch 1, turn, sc across
Rows 11-13: rep. rows 8-10
Row 14: ch 1, turn, sc across
Row 15&16: ch 1, turn, sc across
Row 17: switch to color A. ch 2, turn, hdc across
Row 18: ch 2, turn, hdc in first hdc, fphdc, *bphdc, fphdc*rep., hdc in last hdc
Row 19: ch 2, turn, hdc in first hdc, *bphdc, fphdc* rep, hdc in last hdc. Bind off

Sew the sides together with a yarn needle, leaving a two-inch gap where the thumb should be.

I didn't want anything too complicated, so I only alternated between sc and dc in the middle, but you can replace that with any stitch you like, as long as you reach the same length.

Hope the pattern is helpful! Feel free to leave a comment if I made a mistake or if there are any questions =)

No comments:

Post a Comment